CaptivatedStory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Running client issues

5 posters

Go down

Running client issues Empty Running client issues

Post by Legendary Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:23 pm

This looks like a cool server and all but i can't run the client, whenever i try to nothing happens. Help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Legendary

Back to top Go down

Running client issues Empty Re: Running client issues

Post by Xscarz4lifeX Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:38 am

Thanks for taking interest in this server Smile

Please give us more information regarding what you mean by "nothing happens." Maybe take a screenshot or describe the situation a little more and we'll do our very best to help you.

Xscarz4lifeX

Back to top Go down

Post by Madi Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Legendary do you have all the edits in your maplestory v83 folder because i had to extract my download after I was done to find the wz edits also if you have another server and its v83 folder then i suggest ethier replacing there files with CaptivatedStorys edits or downloading another v83 folder. I know not having our edits could be a problem on not opening up the game
Madi
Madi

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm certain it's the right v83 and i've put all the custom edits in however whenever i try to run the client nothing happens, no maplestory icon pops up or anything. Could the problem be that i'm on windows 8?

Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Madi Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:21 pm

No your computer is not the problem I seriously appologize I use to have this problem I believe redownloading everything might help I typically forgot how to deal with this problem because I no longer have a windows 8 computer.
Madi
Madi

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:24 am

I don't blame you for this but rather Bill Gates however i'm fine with redownloading it. The server takes 5 minutes to download anyway. (50 MBPS DL FTW) honestly i'm on the verge of downgrading too as windows 8 is kind of stupid. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Madi Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Well that's really good, Also if redownloading the client does'nt work try redoing the Maplestory v83.
Madi
Madi

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie ; Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:55 pm

It might have to do with your antivirus system. Another player had the same problem and after uninstalling his Norton Security, the client worked.
Annie ;
Annie ;

http://myung-soup.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendary Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:56 am

i do have norton, but i don't wanna uninstall it >.>

Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeus Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:44 am

Norton was my whole problem. I uninstalled it, because one, it blocked v83 Servers, and two, because it was considered one of the worst Anti-Virus programs on the market. BUT, When uninstalling, it gives you the "Save" feature, and I'm pretty sure you can continue your subscription. You can re-download at any time, from my own knowledge. And, from my own experiences and others, Norton is the only Anti-Virus software that blocks v83 Maplestory. I may be wrong, but I also have McAfee, and that seems to work fine. But in my own personal opinion, I think Norton would be the best thing for your computer. Plus, when Norton's subscription ends, you'll receive LOADS of pop-ups.

No regards,
ignorance
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down